Talk

Advanced search

I feel like I am getting ino a bit of a mess.... BF

(8 Posts)
Divvy Mon 01-Sep-08 13:27:17

Baby is 4 and half weeks old now, and yesterday and today my breasts feel engorged. Left one has a lump in it, and in armpit again too (last armpit lump went on its own) Lump in left breast hurts more when breasts are full.

I feel like I/we am losing my latch, and that its all going to end now soon.

My breasts were feeling soft again too...not now though.

Baby is also going about 7 hours during the night, which has been fine, but now feels like my breasts are always full, and takes all day to get ride of milk in them.

Baby feed yesterday also from 3pm - 10pm every hour. He normaly jsut clusters in the evening then goes the 7 hours. But it seemed like he wasnt latchig rigt or getting much milk....but still went hours.

If I express some off, will I make more problems for myself, as will make more milk?

I jsut fel really full, and that he is not taking enogh off me.

It was all going so well too... sad
Also developed “vasospasm” or Raynaud’s Phenomenon which I have found can be down to latch too.

madmouse Mon 01-Sep-08 13:51:22

Were your babies nappies as wet as they usually are? My guess is that baby has been clusterfeeding for a day to ramp up supply to meet his growing needs. That means your breasts will feel fuller for a bit then settle down again.

What makes you say that he was not latching on properly/not getting much?

See if there is a baby cafe near you or call an NCT breastfeeding counsellor.

There is no reason why bf should end soon. sounds like you make lots of milk and you have a keen little feeder on your hands.

Any serious pain/feeling unwell straight to gp though, mastitis hurts!

Divvy Mon 01-Sep-08 13:58:56

hmm just fed him, and he/we latched prefect, and took loads, and I feel better now! grin breast wise and confidence wise.

I am so hormonal still...I throw my hands up in the air and declare it a failure at a drop of a hat!

I think you are right, maybe he is gearing up for growth spurt?

madmouse Mon 01-Sep-08 14:03:27

been there done that grin 7months today and still going (with solids)

Poohbah Mon 01-Sep-08 15:00:44

Keep on trucking Divvy, just feed him, don't worry about anything sounds normal to me.

Divvy Mon 01-Sep-08 15:54:39

I have just expressed a load of milk off, might be right or wrong thing to do, but both breasts feel better now.

Even after he was fed at 2pm, I just got 6oz out of both, very quickly too.

Good news is the lump has now gone, so feel I have just done the right thing.

madmouse Mon 01-Sep-08 16:34:39

Good, go with your feeling.

Have to confess I thought it was your first, than after posting look at your profile. oops grin, here's me, i have fed all of err one baby blush

Divvy Mon 01-Sep-08 17:27:13

This is the first one that I have managed to bf past the first week though, so this is all very new ground to me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now