Talk

Advanced search

Weaning at one?

(6 Posts)
Naboo Sat 30-Aug-08 22:50:49

I want to reduce the amount of feeds - currently doing three - and then swap to cows milk.

So, should i cut out the afternoon feed now and exchange it with cows milk, or does it really still have to be formula at this stage?

Have you done it or got any advise?

RedHead81 Sat 30-Aug-08 23:03:35

12mths is fine to start cows milk - i tried my ds1 at 12mths and it took til he was 15mths to be off. If your LO doesn't like the taste of cows milk, which my ds didn't - express some breastmilk and add cows milk to it until you gradually need to use less breastmilk (That was what i did anyway) - WHO do still advise BF til 2yrs, but this isn't always practical for everyone - but no you don't need formula, because your LO should be getting most nutrients from the food they are eating.

Naboo Sun 31-Aug-08 21:35:43

I didn't realise WHO advised until two - i thought it was one! I could keep going then, just cut out the afternoon one and offer cow's milk instead?

Naboo Sun 31-Aug-08 21:35:54

I didn't realise WHO advised until two - i thought it was one! I could keep going then, just cut out the afternoon one and offer cow's milk instead?

DisplacementActivity Sun 31-Aug-08 21:39:33

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Sun 31-Aug-08 21:40:25

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now