Talk

Advanced search

Follow on milk: Do they really need it?

(6 Posts)
smasher Sat 19-Feb-05 15:50:10

My DS is 6.5mths old i tried him on follow on milk this week and he seems to be more grumpy and is waking much earlier in the mornings. He was on SMAwhite before i tried the SMA progress. Im concerned that these follw on milks state that at this age their iron deplets and they need these follow on milks to keep uptake of iron in their system. Im confused as to what to do?????

Yorkiegirl Sat 19-Feb-05 16:05:52

Message withdrawn

smasher Sat 19-Feb-05 16:15:27

So the iron that he gets from his food should be enough to keep him going? You lot must think im so paranoid i panic more on DS2 than i did on DS1.

marbeth Sat 19-Feb-05 16:26:12

No reason to use follow on milk.Infant formula sma will be providing iron as well as her diet.

Marketa Sat 19-Feb-05 16:31:12

Follow -on milks were only invented because its illegal to advertise infant formula (conflicts with breastfeeding etc.) They don't actually need follow on milk, normal formula provides all the nutrients they need till one year

LoubieLou04 Sat 19-Feb-05 16:48:28

I found the follow on milk useful as my DD would never finish a feed. Because with the follow on milk she didn't have to drink as much to get the same vitamin benefits we were both happy. But have lots of friends who never swapped to follow on milk and are just as happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now