Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am addicted to breastfeeding! Help!

(15 Posts)
Helium Fri 29-Aug-08 08:15:03

I think I'm addicted to BF! I just love doing it - it makes me feel really good (both physically and in a smug sort of way - sorry!!) My daughter is nearly 11 months and I'm dreading stopping!!
How can I wean myself off this??!!!

belgo Fri 29-Aug-08 08:16:24

is there any hurry for you to stop?

TrinityRhino Fri 29-Aug-08 08:17:36

dont stop

gecko is 19 months and I feel smug too grin

she loves it, I love it, no problem [smilesmile

Wisknit Fri 29-Aug-08 08:18:12

I would say you're normal. Do you need to 'wean yourself off' If it makes you feel good thats surely better then hating every moment of it?
I felt the same when ds2 was that age - he's now 15 months and only has 1-3 feeds a day and I miss it.

Wisknit Fri 29-Aug-08 08:18:23

I would say you're normal. Do you need to 'wean yourself off' If it makes you feel good thats surely better then hating every moment of it?
I felt the same when ds2 was that age - he's now 15 months and only has 1-3 feeds a day and I miss it.

Wisknit Fri 29-Aug-08 08:19:05

sorry about the repeat post.

GreenMonkies Fri 29-Aug-08 08:24:22

Why worry?

Don't think about stopping, theres no need to even consider it for ages, and your daughter will tell you when it's time, she'll stop asking!

Enjoy!!

PortAndLemon Fri 29-Aug-08 08:27:14

Why do you need to stop any time soon? Most children won't self-wean until they are 2.5 or more.

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 29-Aug-08 08:34:42

Agree with the other posters - why would you even think about stopping yet? WHO recommend feeding until at least age 2. You also can't force a child to bf, so your dd will wean herself off eventually, rather than you worrying about how to wean yourself off.

laluvsmatthew Sat 30-Aug-08 08:55:34

i feel the same i'm not looking forward to weaning ds at all i think i've become too emotionally attached to bf. I consider feeding time 2 be our special time that only him and i share. My ds is 7m and i had only planned 2 feed 4 a year i have no plans 2 stop now until he's ready but i don't know anyone else who has bf and everyone is telling me that i am weird and its just not right 2 feed any longer angry

ChairmumMiaow Sat 30-Aug-08 21:42:54

Its those lovely hormones that get released when you feed!

There's no reason for you to stop for some time yet!

RedHead81 Sun 31-Aug-08 01:22:09

Its good if you enjoy it - IMO people who enjoy BFing are the people who will give the world happy and healthy individuals.

You were meant to enjoy it - if you didn't then years ago your baby would not have survived because you would not have been able to have done anything else!

I enjoy feeding!

I am writing a load of garbled mess - sorry if you don't understand me I am BFing my 4mo tight now and am shattered!

3andnomore Sun 31-Aug-08 01:33:48

Aww...totally understand you
MY breastfeeding career ended 3 years ago (when ds3 was 13 month and for whatever reason weaned himself off ) and you know, I am still missing it to this day.
NOt enough to have any more Kids, lol....but I really do still wish some days I was still breastfeeding!
(I am weird, aren't I[shifty look over the shoulder] )

BlodynBach Sun 31-Aug-08 20:14:22

Hello belgo
I agree with the others that you & your child should follow your instincts & decide when to stop for yourselves. I'm still bf my 3 year old and I know of 4 other Mums with similar aged children who still bf. Because we only have a quick feed first thing in the morning or last thing at night not many people outside of the immediate family know that he still bf. No one asks me if he's weaned any more because they think he already has! so the pressure to stop has actually lessened! the hormone bounce that I used to get from bf is no longer there so don't worry about feeling "addicted". Best wishes and good luck

Lilyloo Sun 31-Aug-08 20:19:25

Blodyn that's interesting to know people stop asking after a while.
DD2 now 7.5 mths and 'we' have no intention of stopping any time soon i hope. Agree with others Helium just do what's right for you and dd i think when she starts to wean you will come to accept that rather than 'dreading stopping'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now