Talk

Advanced search

right amount of formula milk????

(2 Posts)
bhk3 Thu 28-Aug-08 20:22:17

hi
my dd is 6 1/2 months now. i;ve started weaning & changed her formula milk to follow on (sma progress) which says in the pack that its been recommended 6oz of milk to supplement weaning. my dd is mixed feeding i give her twice 6oz of formula milk am i giving her the right amout of milk or do i need to increase it?? can anybody help me??

Seona1973 Thu 28-Aug-08 21:49:52

give her the same amount of milk as you gave of the previous milk e.g. if you gave 4 bottles of 7oz before then continue giving the same amount of bottles with the progress milk. The minimum recommended amount of milk for 6 months to 1 year is 20oz so yes I would offer a bit more. You didnt need to change to progress milk if your lo was happy on the previous milk as it was only invented so the manufacturers could get round the advertising ban on the first milk (from birth to 6 months). Just give your lo what they were having before and then let them dictate how much they actually want to drink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now