Talk

Advanced search

Did you find producing milk tiring?

(12 Posts)
IAteDavinaForDinner Thu 28-Aug-08 20:08:32

A poster has mentioned that this is the case on another thread.

I don't find it tiring in the slightest. Waking up to feed a lot is tiring, so hungry or teething nights are bad, but feeding in itself is a lovely, calm, chilled oxytocin hit.

Just wondered if I am weird and it's supposed to be exhausting or something. [shrug]

likessleep Thu 28-Aug-08 20:10:51

I think feeding is tiring. Some days, I used to get really tired when I left the house to do stuff, just felt quite lethargic.
It is difficult to ascertain if that is feeding or just having a young baby. I will let you know though, as I am in the process of giving up. I hope I get my renewed energy and vigour back! hmm

juuule Thu 28-Aug-08 20:29:16

No, I didn't find producing milk tiring. It did give me a good appetite, though.

I found looking after a baby tiring at times.
My older 3 children were ff from 3m,5m,3m. It didn't make any difference to how tired/not tired I felt at the same point with my other children who were only bf.

traceybath Thu 28-Aug-08 20:33:08

No i don't find it tiring. Well at least not any more tiring than looking after a 4 year old and 8 month old is.

In fact i relish the opportunity to sit down and have lovely snuggly feeds and to lay down and feed in the morning and not have to leap up and do bottles.

ScaryHairy Thu 28-Aug-08 20:36:21

A little. I found eating a lot of cake was the solution.smile

turtle23 Thu 28-Aug-08 20:36:42

Just makes me sleeeepy. Had a marathon feed tonight and am so ready for bed.

ilovemydog Thu 28-Aug-08 20:37:31

am so sleep deprived i don't know the difference

ClosedForCleaning Thu 28-Aug-08 20:40:37

Yes! And in my tired state I used to get very upset by people who insisted it didn't/shouldn't. So go gently with her please.

FrayedKnot Thu 28-Aug-08 20:41:45

I'm not sure if I found actual BF tiring.

I suspect it was the broken sleep that did for me. I certainly felt better when DS stopped feeding at night, but this also meant less feeding overall.

I was a zombie for the first year or so.

I have an underactive thyroid too though and it was rather out of control at that time, so that didn;t help either.

IAteDavinaForDinner Thu 28-Aug-08 21:43:50

Cool. Seems it depends on the individual.

I was late home from work tonight and missed DS's bedtime BF for the first time tonight and I am tired and need to be in bed but it will be weird unless he wakes soon so I can feed him first!

ilovemydog Thu 28-Aug-08 21:51:20

I left DS(6 months) for about 5 hours last week. And he only had one bottle of ebm!

The outrage is because he feeds seemingly continuously during the day, so apparently much of it is for comfort. Of course this is fine, but I was soooo worried about leaving him thinking he would go hungry!

PeppermintPatty Thu 28-Aug-08 21:57:05

No, I didn't find producing milk tiring.

What I found exhausting was being tied to my DD for the first 6 months because she fed every 2 hours and wouldn't take a bottle.
Which meant I couldn't really go anywhere without her!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now