Talk

Advanced search

Can you get milk supply back after 2 months?

(9 Posts)
Onestonetogo Thu 28-Aug-08 14:54:35

Message withdrawn

ajm200 Thu 28-Aug-08 14:59:27

I don't know if you can but give one of the breastfeeding helplines a call they should be able to advise.. I hope you can

I think you can get a gadget that is a bag that you fill with milk and hang between your breasts. There are tubes that you attach to your breasts so that they end at the nipple. The baby breastfeeds to stimulate your supply but actually feeds from the bag if that makes sense..

lalecheleague or bfn breastfeeding network are probably the best place to start.

Good luck and pls let me know if what you find out as I'm interested in becoming a BF counsellor and want to BF the baby that I'm expecting.

good luck

ajm200 Thu 28-Aug-08 15:10:20

This is the device that I was thinking of

http://www.birthandbabyorders.com/index.php?c=30

TheProvincialLady Thu 28-Aug-08 15:23:53

Well you would be very fortunate to get back to exclusive BF but there is no reason you shouldn't give it a shot if you want to. Put DS to your breast and see what happens - if he suckles that is really great news. He will stimulate supply (though he might get frustrated at lack of milk flowing to begin with). Then you would need to express A LOT in between your DS suckling to stimulate a supply.

I second contacting LLL or BFN - you will need proper support.

ajm is thinking of a nursing supplmenter I think? I had one with my DS, it was a bloody nightmare of milk squirting everywhere and nipples with tape ongrin But no doubt you are not as inept as I am!

ajm200 Thu 28-Aug-08 15:34:55

"it was a bloody nightmare of milk squirting everywhere and nipples with tape on"

Sounds like my early attempts at BF my son without the tape of course.... wink. What actually made it into him, tended to end up all over me when I winded him..

Onestonetogo Give it a go if your baby is willing, but it will take a lot of work and patience on your part... good luck

Onestonetogo Thu 28-Aug-08 18:37:02

Message withdrawn

tiktok Thu 28-Aug-08 19:00:01

Onestone - yes, it's possible, and call the bf lines for support and info on how to do it,.

It matters not one jot that the milk you have at present is not freshly made, by the way - it cannot go 'off' inside your breasts (think about it - what makes milk go off? Contact with the air and airborne pathogens. Now, how are they gonna get inside your breasts?!).

Onestonetogo Thu 28-Aug-08 19:10:06

Message withdrawn

tiktok Thu 28-Aug-08 20:09:04

Onestone - alcohol diffuses back into the blood stream, and while I don't know for sure about the other stuff, I really can't see how they could hang around in the milk for ages.

Someone else might know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now