Talk

Advanced search

Any advice on best bottles to use?

(8 Posts)
ataraxis Wed 27-Aug-08 12:45:47

I mix fed with my 2 previous DCs after struggling with BF. Still hoping to BF only for a while with DC3 but am aware that I may have to resort to expressing/bottle feeding as well. We used Avent bottles with no issues for the previous 2 but that was a couple of years ago. Anyone got any recommendations on best type of bottle/is there really much difference between them?

likessleep Wed 27-Aug-08 13:10:33

Am sure everyone will have mixed opinions on this! I've used Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature, whilst I am mix feeding and found them good.
A breastfeeding counsellor told me the 'Breastflow' bottles are the closest to breastfeeding (but they are quite expensive). I did buy them, but my DS didn't get on with them (not sure why I am posting this really!)

http://www.breastflow.co.uk/

If you were happy with Avent, I'd continue to use those if I were you.

Good luck

ataraxis Wed 27-Aug-08 13:55:56

Thanks likessleep, you're probably right about sticking with what I know. Might have a look at the non BPA/PVC ones as well.

bluebump Wed 27-Aug-08 16:56:11

I mix feed and used the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature but my DS now prefers the Dr Browns ones, which seem expensive but they say they do all sorts of snazzy things like reduce wind and colic etc.

jaz2 Wed 27-Aug-08 17:05:39

We had big problems getting DS to accept bottle feeding at 3mo (with expressed milk). In the end Nuk bottles worked (tho we also tried Avent, Tommee Tippee closer to nature, Dr Browns, and one that was shaped like a breast - last one far too weird!).
I'm not sure there was any difference between them except the shape of the teat - but then DS didn't suffer from wind etc.

We also found that getting the milk nice and warm, and lying him on a pillow in exactly the same position as bf were crucial to start with.

poppy34 Wed 27-Aug-08 17:06:36

been using avent since birth with dd and no probs

ataraxis Wed 27-Aug-08 18:07:59

Thanks guys. SIL used Dr Browns but her DC had bad colic - haven't had that issue in the past (though I realise that is no guarantees for this one). Seems that it is baby dependent so might just stick with Avent and change if required.
I appreciate your thoughts smile.

Jacksmum1 Thu 28-Aug-08 12:52:20

tommee tippee closer to nature or doctor browns are the best bottles to use esp to stop lo getting colic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now