Talk

Advanced search

menstral-type cramps, how long before I get my periods back? (still breastfeeding)

(3 Posts)
rainbowdays Tue 26-Aug-08 21:20:17

I am breastfeeding a 4 month old, but having a really crampy stomach for last few weeks, I feel like my period is just around the corner, but refuses to arrive, a bit like in early pregnancy. About 4.5 weeks ago had very light spotting for two days, but nothing since. I just want period to arrive and these cramps to stop.

Is this cramping normal?

helips Wed 27-Aug-08 07:58:24

I had the same thing before I got a proper period. Crampy stomach for a few weeks then nothing. Actually thought I might be pregnant and then I had some spotting which lasted 2 days. Did a pregnancy test which was negative and then a few weeks later a proper period arrived. Think it just takes a little while for your body to get back to normal, especially when breastfeeding.

traceybath Wed 27-Aug-08 08:01:15

I have chronic what feels like pmt. Baby is 8 months and sleeps 11 hours at night so think period must be on its way - also crampy tummy the last few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now