Talk

Advanced search

I have 2.5 weeks to cut out daytimes feeds

(4 Posts)
MarlaSinger Tue 26-Aug-08 17:11:04

as I go back to work and can't express.

How on earth do I go about this - DS takes formula in a cup but not when I am the one offering!

I need to reduce it now because I get engorged if I miss more than one feed. Going back to work (new job too) is going to be stressful enough without worrying about leaking everywhere.

Panicking, any advice really welcome.

RedHead81 Tue 26-Aug-08 17:22:15

Unfortunately, you will probably still leak in 2.5 weeks even if you do cut down on daytime feeds. If you do get full take a breast pump and express when you are in work (I'm sure they won't mind you popping it in the fridge til you go home - your DS can then have this the following day!)

Can you get someone else to give him the milk?

Take breast pads and pump when you get a spare few minutes to reduce any leakage is what i would suggest - give it a few days and your milk will start to reduce and you will be fine.

Please don't panic, things will work out well for you.

Congratulations on the new job, hope it goes well.
xx

MarlaSinger Tue 26-Aug-08 17:25:21

Really? I can feed him am when I drop him off, probably 8am, then at home maybe 4.30 pm - he is 10 months, and feeds between 2 and 4 times between those hours. At least the giant box of breastpads I bought when pregnant will get used.

No one else to give milk in the day except weekends when DP is around. Made doubly hard at the moment as he is having a fussy phase with food... <stressed>

Thanks for the luck, I am going to need it!

RedHead81 Tue 26-Aug-08 17:42:36

At 10mths, you may not leak if your not leaking now. Take a few maybe just in case, but i would pump off any fullness if you want to continue to breastfeed - don't let yourself get engorged though, you will get sore and could get other problems like mastitis - so definately pump!

You really will be fine though - try not to stress out about it - give it a week or so and you will get yourself into a good routine with work. Just joke with your new colleagues that if they are horrible to you, you will put EBM in their coffee! lol

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now