Talk

Advanced search

Vitamins and breastfeeding?

(7 Posts)
wastingmyeducation Mon 25-Aug-08 13:10:41

I've just finished the last of my iron tablets, and was thinking about taking a mulitivitamin.
Are there any I need to avoid?
Any suggestions on a good one to take.
DS is 15 weeks, excl. bf.

xx

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 13:20:37

Avoid:
vitamin A (in large doses) and Vitamin D. The drugs book I have doesn't say anything else so someone with some more info might be along soon. smile

kiskidee Mon 25-Aug-08 16:21:38

Is there a specific reason you are taking multivits?

A normal diet if you are in normal health is all that is needed, like for anyone else, bfing or not.

Tryharder Tue 26-Aug-08 00:14:37

Women at a very good health food shop in my town recommended I take fish oil, B complex, zinc, copper and something called taurine which is an amino acid I think. The B complex tablet made my wee and my breastmilk turn yellow so be warned (like banana milkshake!!)

kiskidee Tue 26-Aug-08 00:18:18

a cheeky post, i know, but it sounds like those women racked up some good sales out of you that day, tryharder.

wastingmyeducation Tue 26-Aug-08 09:28:59

kiskidee- insurance I suppose. I'm knackered all the time from lack of sleep and I'm munching lots of cakey oaty things, trying for the f+v, but figured an appropriate multivit wouldn't hurt.

xx

ajm200 Tue 26-Aug-08 09:36:37

I continued to take my prenatal vitamins (Pregnacare) while I breastfed my son.

I'm going to do the same again this time, plus some spatone (a natural iron supplement that doesn't cause constipation) as I've had very low iron levels throughout this pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now