Talk

Advanced search

Got to give it up

(3 Posts)
sausagecake Sat 23-Aug-08 22:19:41

My dd 16mo just will not stop breastfeeding. It is just all the time at the moment. I am completely drained and just don't feel well at all. Where do I begin to wean her off. She loves cows milk and water but these are no substitutes for mum. She will cry blue murder until attached to me again. I know she gets enough milk too but she is very clingy at the moment. Please help!

onepieceoflollipop Sat 23-Aug-08 22:28:13

Is she going through a teething stage/possibly a bit under the weather or similar? It may be worth letting it carry on for a day or two if this is possible?

If you really really want to wean her off, then ime it is best to drop the feeds gradually. Perhaps aim for the time she is least likely to ask for bm (mid afternoon or whenever) and drop that feed first. I personally would not try and drop night feeds/bedtime feeds first, as she will be v tired and need the comfort at those times.

A gradual approach will also minimise the risk of you getting engorged.

16 months is fab btw. I have got to almost 13, but only 1-2 feeds now. Only got to 12 mths first time round.

sausagecake Sun 24-Aug-08 09:24:14

Thanks onepiece. She is not showing signs of illness although I think her fangs! are coming through. The nightwakings are getting ridiculous too. Really hope it calms down soon to get a break.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now