Talk

Advanced search

8 month old suddenly refusing her sippy cup - help please!

(5 Posts)
crybabybunting Sat 23-Aug-08 13:47:34

I had managed to get dd down to just one bf in the evening and then I would feed her back to sleep in the early hours. She was taking milk from a sippy cup as well as water during the day. She is feeding pretty well on solids.

Yesterday she just pushed the cup away and cried whenever I tried to feed her with it. She didn't have any fluids all day until I bf her in the evening and she did feed well then.

She is really constipated now and obviously uncomfortable but still pushing the cup away.

My milk supply isn't that great now as I was trying to wind down the bfeeding.

Do you think she could be thinking 'I'll get boob if I push the cup away?' (She much prefers boob but I rarely give it during the day).

Anyone else had something similar? How do I tackle it?

Romy7 Sat 23-Aug-08 13:51:57

teeth? mine always preferred flesh to plastic at the teething point... not so painful on the gum...

crybabybunting Sat 23-Aug-08 13:54:36

ah, maybe ... she did get 2 teeth through a few weeks ago without any refusal of the cup though.

Romy7 Sat 23-Aug-08 14:20:04

it might just feel a bit weird until she gets used to it then - bit odd knocking those new hard bits on a rim - different sensation. maybe try a softer sippy cup for a bit? think heinz do one... don't know what you're using at the mo obv...

crybabybunting Sat 23-Aug-08 14:26:01

Hadn't thought of that, thanks. I'm using a Boots one, it's a really hard nozzle. She chews on the teat when I try her on a bottle ... I'll see if I can get her to take a different cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now