Talk

Advanced search

feeding bras

(18 Posts)
hermykne Thu 17-Feb-05 14:16:08

what brand do you wear
and for how long do you think you can wear them if its worn every day? in other words life expectancy of a feeding bra

beansprout Thu 17-Feb-05 14:17:20

Well, they are sturdy little fellas so I would think as long as you need them. Mine are very glamorous and from Mothercare.
NB do NOT be measured at Brent Cross unless you want the whole of North London to know your size.

Beansmum Thu 17-Feb-05 14:17:23

I wear elle macpherson nursing bras, I have two and alternate them. been wearing them everyday since june and they are still fine.

beansprout Thu 17-Feb-05 14:18:34

Beansmum - you are my more glamorous bean twin!

Beansmum Thu 17-Feb-05 14:19:32

I don't feel very glamorous at the moment!

beansprout Thu 17-Feb-05 14:20:10

It's all relative - you should see me!!!

pixiefish Thu 17-Feb-05 14:20:12

mothercare- 2 for £25. wear them alternate days so i can wash one, wear one and they last about 4 months like that. dd is one and i'm on my third set. which reminds me- i need a new pack

SoupDragon Thu 17-Feb-05 14:20:26

Mine lasted through 2 stints of bf-ing so a little over 2 years in total. They were rather sorry for themselves by the end of it though!! I can't remember the brand but it's important that you can open and refasten them with one hand. Some I had were better than others.

LOL at them being "sturdy".

suzywong Thu 17-Feb-05 14:23:09

ditto the opening and fastening with one hand

John Lewis do the emma jane brand and they are unrelentingly unflattering to look at but sure as hell do the job and will see you through 2 kids

HappyMumof2 Thu 17-Feb-05 14:23:14

Message withdrawn

beansprout Thu 17-Feb-05 14:24:39

I think it kind of depends on whether or not you want to encourage dp in a certain department. Mine are "sturdy" for a reason!

motherinferior Thu 17-Feb-05 14:40:24

Emma Jane in black look better. Not massively better, but better.

They get deodorant white bits, though.

TracyK Thu 17-Feb-05 14:43:31

I got a really pretty one from Mcare - but it was a pia as it was always popping undone during the day! Although it may have been a one off badly made one - it was v. pretty.

hermykne Thu 17-Feb-05 16:49:59

beansmum those elle mcp ones look v nice, i am still breast/f at 6mths and thought to inspire me to continue i'd refresh the lingerie section of my "fabulous mother wardrobe" and keep going another while, but i need lift lift lift!!!

Flossam Thu 17-Feb-05 17:00:19

I got some really nice ones from figleaves, £20 each. Had a £10 off voucher, and they are a bit prettier than some I've seen, fit well and are easy to open so to speak, I'll see if I can find them for you.

janeybops Thu 17-Feb-05 17:00:48

i have big ones so the only bras that fit me are made by Royce available from Bravissimo. Lasted me 15 months, had 3 which I wore and washed. Lasted well considering the weight they were holding up!

Flossam Thu 17-Feb-05 17:02:02

figleaves bra

Flossam Thu 17-Feb-05 17:03:19

Ohh, and that photo reminds me, brought them as they looked more supportive than some others... just as well now really as I quite often forget to do meself back up again!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now