Talk

Advanced search

Medela electric breast pump

(5 Posts)
Pollyanna Thu 17-Feb-05 14:06:57

I have just bought this (the small hand held pump) and was wondering how you sterilise it? I have a microwave steriliser but there is a "no microwave" symbol on the instructions. Does anyone know if I can use my microwave steriliser or if I have to use another kind. Or is it ok just to use it straight out of the dishwasher? Thanks.

ChocolateGirl Thu 17-Feb-05 19:13:41

Pollyanna, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question but I know that Medela have a helpline in the UK - 0161 776 0400 - or you can contact them via their website www.medela.co.uk. Hope that's of some help. I had the Avent pump and sterilised that in a microwave steriliser and it was fine - but I don't know whether the instructions said you could or couldn't do this as I lost them!! I haven't got a dishwasher but I know people say things are steaming when they come out of there so I would have thought it was ok to just use it straightaway, especially if you rinsed it straight after use. Sorry I can't be more help.

vicdubya Thu 17-Feb-05 19:30:03

I hadn't noticed the symbol and have always used my microwave steam sterliser for mine!

pupuce Thu 17-Feb-05 19:56:38

otherwise 10 mins in boiling water

egypt Thu 17-Feb-05 20:11:59

i had one, you can microwave sterilize it no probs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: