Talk

Advanced search

Working part time and BFing 12 month old?

(6 Posts)
cwtchy Fri 22-Aug-08 21:18:53

I have just gone back to work for 2.5 days a week, and I'm still bfing 12 month old DD. On the days I am in work she is more or less happy now to go without feeds in the day, and makes up for it when I get home during the night.

My question is, on the days when I am at home, should I stick to no boob in the day to keep it consistent, or should I just let her feed whenever she fancies it? I don't want her to get confused, but it also seems a bit strange not feeding her when I'm with her and she obviously wants to.

popsycal Fri 22-Aug-08 21:26:15

i wprked 2 days a week from ds2 being 1 - like yours, he was fine when i wasnt there.

If I remember correctly, I just went with the flow on my days off

onwardandupward Fri 22-Aug-08 21:36:41

I've always just gone with the flow

Bumperlicious Fri 22-Aug-08 21:38:35

I just went with the flow too which worked fine. Just fed DD as an when she wanted it, until now (14mo), I'm getting a bit fed up with it so have cut down to 1 or 2 a day.

I think while she is getting used to you being back at work go with her flow, but when you feel ready you can start doing things when you want to as well as when she wants to.

theyoungvisiter Fri 22-Aug-08 21:43:37

Another one who just went with the flow here.

In a way that is consistent - they can easily understand the idea that when you are there they get milk, when you are not they don't. I don't think that's confusing at all.

cwtchy Fri 22-Aug-08 21:57:03

Thanks all - this is what I was planning on doing, but it is DH who looks after her when I'm at work and he disagreed with me.

As usual, I shall ignore him grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now