Talk

Advanced search

Not sure why I did this to myself...

(15 Posts)
lizzytee Thu 21-Aug-08 16:37:27

...but took a look at SWMNBN'S website, along with the CBC subsection. Does anyone think that membership is worth £60? hmm

Also, if CBC believes that everyone but her is wrong about positioning, why does the site link to the likes of the DoH, NCT, LLL?

Just asking.....

Shitehawk Thu 21-Aug-08 16:39:06

<sits on hands>

MerlinsBeard Thu 21-Aug-08 16:39:26

CBC?

as for the membership - not a chance! You can get unbiased advice on here for free

MerlinsBeard Thu 21-Aug-08 16:39:44

ol shitehawk! I had to word my post v carefully!!

Shitehawk Thu 21-Aug-08 16:41:56

Not sure I could trust myself to be so restrained, MOM.

<sits on hands again>

lizzytee Thu 21-Aug-08 16:43:38

[gets on soapbox]

Prompted I think by a conversation I had the other day with a woman about to go back to work with a six month old baby who said she planned to wean because she was "running out of milk for the 10 o'clock feed". Take a guess at which parenting approach she and her partner were following.

sleepycat Thu 21-Aug-08 16:44:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lizzytee Thu 21-Aug-08 16:45:11

Pet subject, as am constantly frustrated that CBC's book with its creepy title is the only one regularly stocked by our local bookshop and mothercare.

lizzytee Thu 21-Aug-08 16:46:07

Sorry sleepycat, a well known "queen of routine" and "the UK's leading breastfeeding counsellor"

BouncingTurtle Thu 21-Aug-08 17:00:06

I bought that book when I was pg. I only looked at again after I got bfing established. There is some good advice in it but most of it is a crock of shit.

<<Disclaimer - this is my opinion and not Mumsnet's!>>

StealthPolarBear Thu 21-Aug-08 17:00:14

cbc: kooc mayb eralc

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 17:07:20

I've read one article by that woman after seeing a group about her on FB and it was enough! Comments like "you don't wave a teat at a FF baby and tell it it can't feed unless it's mouth is open wide enough" were pretty shock I was shouting at my PC "Yes but the teat isn't attached to my breast, it doesn't hurt or bleed!"

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 17:09:50

Open if you dare...

lizzytee Thu 21-Aug-08 17:11:56

Thanks, now feel a bit more balanced. Am currently training to be an NCT BFC so have been reading some more academic stuff on bfing. thought I would look at some of the popular stuff but just end up depressed, particularly because CBC seems to be the expert of choice for a number of the --advertising vehicles-- mother and baby mags. I now don't feel quite so out there in my views

lizzytee Thu 21-Aug-08 17:14:53

Mmmmmmmmmmm. So a website and numerous advice columns in various publications is 'not advertising'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now