Talk

Advanced search

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

(9 Posts)
charchargabor Wed 20-Aug-08 20:48:17

DD (1) has had a really bad virus for the last 10 days, and also had tonsilitis. Her temperature was up and down, so I was giving her paracetamol. When she woke up in the night, her temperature would be quite high because the paracetamol had worn off. But whilst I was bfing her back to sleep, her temperature would come straight back down to normal, and I would feel hot. It was like I absorbed her heat. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is it still the effects of skin to skin contact? It was amazing! grin

charchargabor Wed 20-Aug-08 21:45:01

bump!

rascal1979 Wed 20-Aug-08 22:08:08

Apparently there is a heat pad on your chest which will warm up or cool down your baby to correct temp - this is why i tis used in SCBU to help regulate temp.

I used this when my DD had her secobnd lot of injections and had a temp but couldn't keep Calpol down - worked a treat.

tis very clever! [gri]

I've heard this theory in relation to cosleeping breastfeeders. Nice to hear it works

charchargabor Wed 20-Aug-08 22:22:34

It is clever isn't it? Thanks for the info as well. It's amazing what a woman's body can do! smile

AnyFuleKno Wed 20-Aug-08 23:05:36

wow! never heard of this.

Come to think of it I do sometimes feel really hot after feeding - wonder if this is the heat transferral you are talking about.

charchargabor Wed 20-Aug-08 23:16:49

Tis cool isn't it? I had heard about it in relation to keeping newborns warm, but didn't know it would work with an older baby and to cool them down. It was literally within 10-15 minutes, she went from scorching hot to cool. I must have saved a fortune in calpol! grin

Ledodgy Wed 20-Aug-08 23:18:07

Does this work for people who've stopped bf too then assuming it's the skin to skin thing still?

charchargabor Wed 20-Aug-08 23:51:06

Don't know ledodgy, would be interesting if someone knew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now