Talk

Advanced search

So - who remembers the baby left without milk for 18 hours in Yarl's Wood? We have proof.

(13 Posts)
theSuburbanDryad Wed 20-Aug-08 10:00:23

We have the notes from Yarl's Wood, in their writing. View them here.

Here's Morgan's blog on it.

Read the notes, read the blog, make your own mind up.

littleducks Wed 20-Aug-08 10:14:29

i remember thid, it is upsetting as i had hoped it wasnt true

theSuburbanDryad Wed 20-Aug-08 10:44:28

Bump

nailpolish Wed 20-Aug-08 10:56:32

i dotn remember this

what happened? a baby wasnt fed ?

theSuburbanDryad Thu 21-Aug-08 08:13:52

naily - here's the original thread.

2point4kids Thu 21-Aug-08 08:34:52

Thats terrible! I cant believe they can get away with it.
What is Yarls Wood? a prison type place?

theSuburbanDryad Thu 21-Aug-08 08:43:11

Yarl's Wood is an immigration detention centre, where people coming into Britain are locked up, either awaiting deportation, or waiting for their asylum claim to be processed, which can take months.

So - yes, it is a prison of sorts.

theSuburbanDryad Thu 21-Aug-08 18:20:58

bump

Stefka Thu 21-Aug-08 20:29:34

I can totally believe it. The way that women are treated there is really shocking.

CissyCharlton Thu 21-Aug-08 20:37:01

Do any mners live in the vicinity Of Yarls Wood. They could contact their MP to make a complaint about this.

mamadiva Thu 21-Aug-08 20:54:39

God I remember the original thread on this bloody disgusting the way that poor baby was treated! Makes me sick to think how many babies, children and woman are suffering in there.

suburban was it you who made the thread about The woman and her baby Tracey I think it was? I was just wondering if it was you the last I heard she was awaiting deportation is there any updates on it, it was months ago?

theSuburbanDryad Thu 21-Aug-08 21:07:08

Cissy - You can also write to your MP, this is not just a local issue.

Mamadiva - Yes, it was me who posted about Glory and Tracey Anawa, they have been deported to Finland, and hopefully they will be able to stay there as Tracey is at real risk of female genital mutilation. Finland's asylum policy is somewhat more <ahem> humane than ours.

mamadiva Thu 21-Aug-08 21:18:26

I'm sort of gad to hear that about Gloria and Tracey, thank god they are atleast away from that plave but still have an uncertain fate. I watched a program about female mutilation a few days ago and was bloody horrified at what they do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now