Talk

Advanced search

Hand expressing/bowl?

(8 Posts)
Teoroy Wed 20-Aug-08 01:25:15

Hello,
a siily question really but what is the best bowl to hand express in? Does it need to me with a small neck, a bottle, a bowl? Please give me your ideas. I do not produce much but would like to have some spare to give my dd some Colief.Thanks.

AbricotsSecs Wed 20-Aug-08 02:24:52

Message withdrawn

Teoroy Wed 20-Aug-08 06:53:02

the thing is tha when i express the milk leaks down the areola and drips on my clothes. it is hard to catch it with anything...

Flightlite Wed 20-Aug-08 07:06:59

Watching with interest as I always find it goes all over my hand and nowhere else smile

Teoroy Wed 20-Aug-08 07:35:33

that's my problem too...

twoboots Wed 20-Aug-08 10:20:37

sounds silly but have you ever milked a cow/goat by hand? if you get into a rhythm (with your own breasts!) then you should be able to get a good hosing streams that will direct the milk into a recpetacle. i sort of use a downwards rolling thumb over index finger tecnique. the problem is if you get milk coming out of more than say 3 ducts at a time you will often lose a stream

TheProvincialLady Wed 20-Aug-08 10:22:30

I used to do it straight into a bottle but it is hard to catch it all sometimes I agree. I find it a very messy process. A container with a small neck works better for me as it seems to squirt in all directions!

cmotdibbler Wed 20-Aug-08 10:24:45

I always leant well forward, and hand expressed into a wide mouthed bottle. That way, any drips go into the bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now