Talk

Advanced search

My ds seems to be doing that weird thing that cats do when they're sitting on your lap trying to get miolk out of your knee...

(13 Posts)
Haylstones Tue 19-Aug-08 16:34:36

Does anyone know what I''m talking about or does it just sound ridiculous?
When i feed ds (almost 6 mo) it's as if he's trying to knead my breast and is sometimes accompanied by a bit of writhing about. He doesn't seem in any distress but it blimmin well hurts (even with his nails cut it scratches but he's also pretty strong!)
Is there any reason for this or is it just one of these random things babies do (dd never did)?

Haylstones Tue 19-Aug-08 16:35:25

Obviously I menat MILK grin

MamaG Tue 19-Aug-08 16:36:09

Mine both did this whilst BF

I think its perfectly normal!

scorpio1 Tue 19-Aug-08 16:36:54

dd does this (4 months)

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 16:38:23

They do it to encourage let down I think, so pretty much the same as cats...

Gets more irritating when they reach toddler age and absent-mindedly twiddle one nip whilst feeding off the other.

MadameOvary Tue 19-Aug-08 16:39:27

DD does this, when she's sleepy its like stroking, really sweet but when she's fussing she digs her nails in - ouch!
IIRC its called "milk treading" when cats do it.

louii Tue 19-Aug-08 16:40:11

My lad still likes to do the kneading thing and he is 3 and not been breastfed for over a year, does it on my arm leg etc, moreso when he is sleepy.

Haylstones Tue 19-Aug-08 16:40:43

I remember dd doing the opposite nipple twiddling...
He seems to do it just as let down occurs but often continues for the rest of the feed.
He seems to enjoy it hmm but I think i might have to try and cover up a bit as it really hurts!

Haylstones Tue 19-Aug-08 16:42:21

Actually, he often strokes my side or back (it's almost the one and same these days blush so I wonder if he always does it, just not always on such a sensitive part!

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 16:43:01

Yep, DS still twiddles if he gets the chance (he's 2) and we stopped bf about 6 weeks ago. I'm hoping his love affair with my bosom will ahve eased off by the time DC2 arrives in December...

Haylstones Tue 19-Aug-08 16:44:30

grin
dd is 4.5 and has asked a couple of times if she can have some milk then adds 'from the fridge'. It's almost as if she's testing me...

MamaG Tue 19-Aug-08 16:45:39

scorpio is your DD REALLY 4 months? shock that has FLOWN

scorpio1 Tue 19-Aug-08 17:55:33

she be 18 weeks on Friday shock I know!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now