Talk

Advanced search

Boobs after bf - how are yours???

(12 Posts)
mamachat Mon 18-Aug-08 23:32:56

My breasts have gone up a few sizes since having dd She is now 13months and I am trying to wean off the breast.

She was constantly on my breast for the past year and I am worried they are going to look terrible when I stop.

My nipples are much bigger than before. And when dd has emptyed all the milk out of each breast they feel so light and empty. Not nice and firm like when they have somne milk in them (but not too much).

So how do yours look after stopping feeding??

FanjolinaJolly Mon 18-Aug-08 23:34:33

A bit saggier,but still small shock

mears Mon 18-Aug-08 23:36:14

Mine are fine but it takes a while. I breastfed 4 babies and once you stop they feel pretty empty and for a while. Over time the fat ty tissue is replaced and they return to a pre-pregnant state which for me took a couple of years I hate to tell you.

Nipples also returned to pink pre pregnancy state

mamachat Mon 18-Aug-08 23:45:49

so how long did you bf for mears?

mears Mon 18-Aug-08 23:49:03

11 months no 1, 16 month gap
10 months no 2, 5 month gap
14 months no 3, 22 month gap
15 months no 4.

Youngest is now 14 years old!

electra Mon 18-Aug-08 23:59:05

4 years of breast feeding took its toll on mine - they just disappeared when before I had had quite big boobs. I felt so bad about it I had a breast aug......but I didn't realise waiting a couple of years can help...

hollyandnoah Tue 19-Aug-08 00:00:53

Mines are smaller! I was always 36e, when i was bf i wore a 38f now i need a 36d. They feel much smaller to me, but i dont think they look any different.

mamachat Tue 19-Aug-08 00:18:59

electra - did you have a boob job? how long did you wait after stopping bf??

mamachat Tue 19-Aug-08 00:20:08

hollyandnoah - how long ago did you stop bf?

mine just feel empty I hate it and am worried thats how they will feel when I completely stop bf...

hollyandnoah Tue 19-Aug-08 00:26:52

I stopped 4 month ago, but i only bf for 3 months ( dont know if that makes a difference?) They have changed though. They were like flat above nipple and still full underneath after a few weeks, but they have filled out more to a more normal shape. I cant tell a difference when looking at them, but i can feel them smaller.

mamachat Tue 19-Aug-08 00:31:30

also my right breast fills up with milk more then th left and sometimes looks much larger then the left. So i also worry it might stay that way, i really hope not...

electra Tue 19-Aug-08 18:30:44

mamachat - yes, I had it about a year after dd2 stopped feeding (at about 2.5). It has made all the difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now