Talk

Advanced search

Boob jobs and breastfeeding

(7 Posts)
mamaza Mon 18-Aug-08 21:15:33

Hi there! I'm 13 weeks with first baby, and have a question: when I was younger I had a breast reduction (they were HUGE!). The plastic surgeon assured me that most women who undergo the procedure are able to breastfeed without problems later.
Is there anyone out there who's had one done and later breastfed/not?
Thanx!

StormInanEcup Tue 19-Aug-08 10:14:13

Message withdrawn

mamaza Wed 20-Aug-08 17:43:28

Thanks a lot! Will get the book and do some more research. I thought it might be more of a struggle for me, and I will certainly try my best - I really believe in breastfeeding! M

mamaza Wed 20-Aug-08 18:03:47

PS: Is it the La Leache book on breastfeeding? There seems to be quite a few of them? Thanks again!

TeaDr1nker Wed 20-Aug-08 18:05:42

Hi there, i had a breast reduction 6 years ago and managed to succesfully BF my daughter.

Congrats on the pregnancy...

lucysnowe Thu 21-Aug-08 10:26:16

Hi

I had a reduction and was also told I would probably have no problems - wasn't the case alas. I do recommend you buy the book and check out the www.bfar.org forums. Also maybe check back with your surgeon about your op, and how much duct tissue was taken away/cut - that will help you prepare. Good luck!

StormInanEcup Thu 21-Aug-08 13:09:53

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now