Talk

Advanced search

citrapram 10mg and breastfeeding

(4 Posts)
mehdismummy Mon 18-Aug-08 16:11:32

doctor put me on this morning and i still feed once a night and sometimes in the morning with ds 2.5 years is it safe to take does anyone know and if not what anti depressant is?

tiktok Mon 18-Aug-08 16:16:09

www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/drugline-information-and-factsheets.html This will help you, mehdismummy.

Generally speaking, the older a child and the less often he feeds, the more reassured you can feel about most medications.

TinkerBellesMum Mon 18-Aug-08 16:16:54

Perfectly safe, it's one of the standard breastfeeding ones. TBH most of the ones GPs can give are safe, as are most drugs they give. The real problem drugs are the ones only a consultant can prescribe and they'll know better how safe it is. As far as AD's go, it's major anti-psychotic drugs that aren't safe.

mehdismummy Mon 18-Aug-08 18:33:58

thanks guys, doc said it should be ok as it is a small dose, he has however changed it to i think prozac, i just dont want after 2.5 years of avoiding stuff like this for him to suddenly get affected by it, he usuallly has al little bit about6 -6.30pm (BM) and some in the morning around 7am so i am hoping it does not affect him to seriously

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now