Talk

Advanced search

"other peoples breast milk"

(17 Posts)
trishpops Mon 18-Aug-08 09:34:17

does anyone know date/time/channel this kate garraway presented programme will be shown? i have tried googling it but nothing coming up. well plenty about kate garraways breasts but that's not what i'm looking for!

TreadmillMom Mon 18-Aug-08 14:46:10

Sorry never heard of it.

Turniphead1 Mon 18-Aug-08 14:55:16

what's it about? Breast milk banks?

trishpops Thu 21-Aug-08 08:55:24

apparently it's a doc about breastfeeding, donating milk and wet nursing, and how our society views this. it's presented by kate garraway and i only heard about it on heat mag website of all places.

StealthPolarBear Thu 21-Aug-08 09:01:48

more here i think

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 09:25:58

Official G Spot page.

helips Thu 21-Aug-08 14:34:32

Has it already been on then?

TinkerBellesMum Thu 21-Aug-08 14:36:32

Don't know, they have shown some programmes in the series but it doesn't say when that one will be on.

BooBooFlip Sat 23-Aug-08 13:29:05

August 31st apparently. Channel 4 10pm.

TheOldestCat Sat 23-Aug-08 13:55:00

If you want to watch the programme, this might appeal too.

WilfSell Sat 23-Aug-08 14:19:08

I thought that Guardian article was interesting...

juuule Sat 23-Aug-08 15:56:51

"Other People's Breast Milk will be shown at 10pm on September 9 on Channel 4."

From the link that TheOldestCat gave.

TheOldestCat Sat 23-Aug-08 20:05:23

I thought it was interesting too, WilfS.

This struck a chord with me: "I went back to work, albeit part-time, relatively early at three months, and I just felt it was really important to me, when I came in the door and Derek's mum had been looking after Darcey all morning, emotionally I could push her to one side - mum's here now - and it was something only I could do. That bond was really emotionally important to me, and so I would never have been able to let someone else breastfeed her in a million years."

MissisBoot Sat 23-Aug-08 20:10:08

I was just about to post a thread about this - I completely echo the quote above -I went back to work when dd was 6 months and dh looked after dd - probably what got me through this was the fact that I was the only one to feed her. I used to love giving her a feed when I got home from work.

TheOldestCat Sat 23-Aug-08 20:15:51

Yes, me too - MissisBoot. The 5pm feed when I got her home after nursery was lovely - I'd look forward to it all day.

policywonk Sat 23-Aug-08 20:15:59

I thought the article could have been really interesting, but Decca Aitkenhead decided to write a little essay about Kate Garraway's celebrity instead of really looking into the breastmilk argument. It made me think of the hysteria when Heather Mills made some point about drinking rat's milk - she got a right kicking for that but she was making a similar point.

TheOldestCat Sat 23-Aug-08 22:40:49

Yes, it was largely about Kate G's husband / relationship with the media / PR stuff, wasn't it? So a bit frustrating. The stuff that was about nutrition etc was interesting though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now