Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed on night feeds

(8 Posts)
littlemisss Mon 18-Aug-08 08:46:25

Dd (almost 4 months) is ebf and feeds about every 3 hours through the day. For the past month she has only needed 1 feed through the night, anytime between 3 and 5 (hooray!!).

Anyway she has recently started to not really want her first thing in the mrning milk (when she wakes up about 7ish) and has a tiny feed. So I'm thinking that if she took less in the night she would have more in the morning and maybe we could even drop this night feed. However, I have absolutely no idea how to go about it. Does it happen naturally or do I have to gently persuade her to drop it?

tiktok Mon 18-Aug-08 09:33:45

Others may have diff. opinions on this, littlemiss, but honestly...you have a great situation at the moment which your little girl has arrived at without you doing anything at all! She is very young, and responding to her needs, rather than trying to modify them (and possibly upsetting her) is absolutely fine

BTW, I'm assuming she feeds at 11-12 midnight or thereabouts?

seeker Mon 18-Aug-08 09:39:58

My advice is if it ain't broke don't fix it! Follow her - she has established a pattern that suits her and seems to give you plenty (well, plenty-ish) sleep. If you try to change things it might all go horribly wrong!

thisisyesterday Mon 18-Aug-08 09:53:56

I agree, stick with it!

littlemisss Mon 18-Aug-08 10:05:48

No, she goes from 7 until anywhere between 3 and 5. Mmmm guess I should count my blessings really.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 18-Aug-08 10:11:03

Message withdrawn

monthlymayhem Mon 18-Aug-08 13:30:19

Littlemiss I'm very envy - enjoy all that sleep!!

mummyofbeautifultwingirls Mon 18-Aug-08 15:06:51

if she is having EBM, you could water the 4/5am feed down so she still gets something and is satisfied but is still hungry in the morning. She is doing incredibly well though!!! Good for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now