Talk

Advanced search

going out for first time in one year! Will be drinking, how long would you wait before breastfeeding baby the next day

(9 Posts)
papaya Fri 15-Aug-08 21:28:27

I dont think i will be home until 4am, how long would you leave it before putting baby back on the boob?!?! i know it depends on volume of alcohol, I should think i will have a fair few glasses of wine.....

tia xx

cthea Fri 15-Aug-08 21:32:24

The NCT breastfeeding line 0870 444 8708 (I could have sworn there was a new number) will have the answer. I think it's when you feel sober you can assume the alcohol has left your body but better ask someone qualified.

Have a great time!

fishie Fri 15-Aug-08 21:36:57

i would feed regardless, unless dreadfully baby-dropping drunk.

likessleep Fri 15-Aug-08 22:06:01

woo hoo!! enjoy smile (should be a cheap night - tee hee!!)

moondog Sat 16-Aug-08 08:59:15

As long as not wrecked, it will be fine. Never concerned me. I drank as normal.

TrinityWino Sat 16-Aug-08 09:02:53

just feed as normal, shouldn't be a problem at all

papaya Sat 16-Aug-08 12:07:41

great news thanks for tha advice ladies, i usually feel guilty if i have the odd wine, but dont want to feel guilty on my only night out in sooooo long! I am saying i will be having a few glasses of wine but i really dont think i will be able to handle much lol....out of practice big time!

KnockOffNorbert Sat 16-Aug-08 12:24:08

I think (or how I judge it anyway) is if you are beyond slightly merry, wait until you have sobered up. If you have a heavy night i'd wait until middayish I guess, but I don't think you'd drink that much.

katiepotatie Sat 16-Aug-08 12:30:26

I just fed as nornmal, never so drunk that I couldn't walk though HE HEgrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: