Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

going out for first time in one year! Will be drinking, how long would you wait before breastfeeding baby the next day

(9 Posts)
papaya Fri 15-Aug-08 21:28:27

I dont think i will be home until 4am, how long would you leave it before putting baby back on the boob?!?! i know it depends on volume of alcohol, I should think i will have a fair few glasses of wine.....

tia xx

cthea Fri 15-Aug-08 21:32:24

The NCT breastfeeding line 0870 444 8708 (I could have sworn there was a new number) will have the answer. I think it's when you feel sober you can assume the alcohol has left your body but better ask someone qualified.

Have a great time!

fishie Fri 15-Aug-08 21:36:57

i would feed regardless, unless dreadfully baby-dropping drunk.

likessleep Fri 15-Aug-08 22:06:01

woo hoo!! enjoy smile (should be a cheap night - tee hee!!)

moondog Sat 16-Aug-08 08:59:15

As long as not wrecked, it will be fine. Never concerned me. I drank as normal.

TrinityWino Sat 16-Aug-08 09:02:53

just feed as normal, shouldn't be a problem at all

papaya Sat 16-Aug-08 12:07:41

great news thanks for tha advice ladies, i usually feel guilty if i have the odd wine, but dont want to feel guilty on my only night out in sooooo long! I am saying i will be having a few glasses of wine but i really dont think i will be able to handle much lol....out of practice big time!

KnockOffNorbert Sat 16-Aug-08 12:24:08

I think (or how I judge it anyway) is if you are beyond slightly merry, wait until you have sobered up. If you have a heavy night i'd wait until middayish I guess, but I don't think you'd drink that much.

katiepotatie Sat 16-Aug-08 12:30:26

I just fed as nornmal, never so drunk that I couldn't walk though HE HEgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now