Talk

Advanced search

Should I continue to express?

(7 Posts)
TracyK Tue 15-Feb-05 08:46:16

ds is 11 mo and mostly on formula. I express 3 oz in the morning and 3oz again for his dream feed at night.
I forgot to do it this morning - bugger - should I start it again when I go home at lunchtime or am I wasting my time?
I quite like the idea of ds having some breastmilk to help him through the winter colds etc - but at 6 oz a day is it worth it??

nailpolish Tue 15-Feb-05 08:47:37

i dont think you are wasting your time at all. you are doing a great job!

i would just do it at lunchtime, if you can

NotQuiteCockney Tue 15-Feb-05 08:47:39

I think any amount will help. If you're happy to do it, why not carry on?

TracyK Tue 15-Feb-05 08:51:40

Not really 'happy' to do it - but hoping it will boost his immune system as much as poss. Just thought 6 oz wouldn't make any diff to him, have thought maybe trying to increase the supply - but can't really be bothered tbh.

nailpolish Tue 15-Feb-05 08:53:08

as he is 11 mths i think youve done a great job. if you feel its time to stop then just do so. theres no right or wrong time,

NotQuiteCockney Tue 15-Feb-05 08:53:59

No chance he'd take it direct from you? It's much less work ... I'm too lazy to express, most of the time.

Any amount of breastmilk has to help, particularly his immune system.

TracyK Tue 15-Feb-05 09:46:27

He's bitten me a couple of times and I haven't fed him since. If I feed him when he is hungry for milk he is ok - but once the initial hunger is satisfied he drinks his milk much more laid back. When I watch him with his bottle - he nibbles on it, carries it around by the teat and nips it etc - so I think he'd do the same to my poor boobies. expressing is MUCH safer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now