Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Expressing questions

(6 Posts)
Libra1975 Fri 15-Aug-08 10:29:56

Morning. I have 2 questions that I know you lot will have the answers for
1) Can I express into the same bottle thru out the day to build up volume?
2) If Ds doesn't finish the bottle can I put it back into the fridge for later or do I have to throw the remains away?

Thanks in advance.

likessleep Fri 15-Aug-08 12:54:35

1)no, milk to be mixed should be the same temperature, i.e. don't mix warm 'fresh' milk with chilled. it is best to express into different bottles and then when they are chilled/same temperature, it is ok to mix / or to freeze

however, it is ok to 'top up' frozen milk with chilled milk.

2)not sure. i think this will prob need to be thrown away as i presume you will warm before you give? even it coming out the fridge, it will warm up to room temperature and then have to be chilled again, which i think could be a prob? sorry, no help on this one!

RedHead81 Fri 15-Aug-08 12:57:38

1) keep the expressed milk in the fridge and express into another bottle then you can top up the one in the fridge with what you just expressed - I used to put the new expressed milk in the fridge til it went cold first, then i topped up the other milk so i was always topping up with the same temperature IYKWIM

2)Throw the remains away - every time - if you think he will leave some - then give smaller amounts in the bottle, you can always give more if he wants it - better than throwing away mummy milk!

hope this helps (I am a BFing support peer, not just randomly throwing ideas out there! lol)

xx

RedHead81 Fri 15-Aug-08 12:59:20

x post with likessleep - sorry! lol

Libra1975 Fri 15-Aug-08 13:02:46

Thanks for your help

likessleep Fri 15-Aug-08 13:51:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now