Talk

Advanced search

Nursing bras - 32G?

(19 Posts)
ChocolateHobnob Fri 15-Aug-08 07:08:12

I'm bf my 9 month old. Have been sticking to the 34G I was when she was born, but the band is too big and I definitely need at least a 32- basically back to the pre-pregnancy 32 inch back size. Have been surfing the web and can't see any decent supportive bf bras in 32G! Does anyone have any recommendations? have searched the archives but just keep finding options in larger back sizes. Thanks!

Ready4anotherCoffee Fri 15-Aug-08 12:47:27

I have 32G nursing bras from bravissimo. they are fab, and have now seen 3ys of actionblush

Tis worth a look.

EffiePerine Fri 15-Aug-08 12:49:39

Royce and Emma Jane do them in this size. Try Bravissimo for different brands.

CuppaTeaJanice Fri 15-Aug-08 12:54:01

Annoying, isn't it. Shops seem to think that if you're a 32, you must have an A or B cup! I bought 34s, then stitched the back band so it was a bit shorter.

ChocolateHobnob Fri 15-Aug-08 13:07:28

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Bravissimo seem to stock only 4 nursing bras in a 32G, of which 1 is the Emily B one which I tried on not long after giving birth - looks good in theory but zero support - and another is another Emily B one (not making same mistake twice). They have 1 Royce one but the Figleaves reviews of it say it isnt very supportive and I need support! The final one is one I already have in 34 - Freya Rosalie bra - was wanting to branch out but guess beggars can't be choosers! I've noticed in general 34G is much much easier than 32G to find fitting bf bras for!

So - did you find Royce/Emma Jane supportive? If so I know they sell EJ in John Lewis; I had one of their maternity bras once. Thank you.

laundrylover Fri 15-Aug-08 13:17:21

I had the Royce ones in a K cupshock! Found them very good.

Can you go and get fitted at Bravissimo as they are very good. I go to the Manchester branch.

I am still bfing DD2 at over 2 yrs old but just wear a normla underwired bra and hitch it up. Works fine.

DisplacementActivity Fri 15-Aug-08 13:22:13

Message withdrawn

EffiePerine Fri 15-Aug-08 13:23:12

I found the Emma Jane bra more suportive than Royce. Most of them aren't much cop tbh: I was soo pleased to get back into proper underwired bras!

EffiePerine Fri 15-Aug-08 13:23:49

I think my Emma Jane one was about a 32F btw

DisplacementActivity Fri 15-Aug-08 13:25:26

Message withdrawn

ChocolateHobnob Sat 16-Aug-08 07:44:35

OK, so I'm off on a mission to find one today (well more than one!). I'll let you know what sizes I find!!!

DA, funny, isnt it, that we're the same size with babies the same age? how's your lo? Mine is so funny.

ilovemydog Sat 16-Aug-08 08:05:05

bravado?

Piffle Sat 16-Aug-08 08:07:51

freya rosalie from bravissimo
Superb nursing bras poss buy one cup size over your usual size. Postage free for exchange orders too if fitting is an issue
Also NCT bras are excellent.
I'm a 30hh and tried everything and these two were the only ones that cut the mustard.

ChocolateHobnob Sat 16-Aug-08 13:28:56

OK, so I've been. I agree re Freya Rosalie, Piffle - had them in a 34 and they were great when lo was first born - anyway been and found three for 7.50 each in the sale. Bargain. I might add that they were the only 3 nursing bras in my size in the shop. There were oodles of 36whatever and 38whatever, and lots of 34 whatever, and actually more 30 whatever than 32! Weird.

I still prefer my old underwired bras, but am not about to stop bf just to be able to wear a nicer bra....

laundrylover Sun 17-Aug-08 11:32:18

(whispers)quite a lot of us bfeed in underwired bras shock. Blatant disregard of the rulesgrin.

ChocolateHobnob Sun 17-Aug-08 17:16:24

Not at all fussed about rules, but not liking idea of heaving nork out of underwired bra in public.... take your point though!!!

laundrylover Mon 18-Aug-08 15:15:25

I know what you mean - I'm only feeding DD2 at home really now but my sis did laugh at my 'low down' boob as it was flopped out the bottom of my brablush.

Mind you both my sisters now have newborns and have perfected bfing in the back of the car on the m'way by dangling their boobs over the car seat so maybe they won't take the piss out of my droopy puppies any moregrin.

Louise76 Mon 18-Aug-08 15:44:41

Hi

To the OP - you have my sympathies! I was a 32G when I was bf - I had Royce bras as they were about the only ones that did the size. I bought them from figleaves.

They weren't great but the best of a bad bunch.

monthlymayhem Mon 18-Aug-08 17:37:21

Hello

I'm 32G too and got good nursing bras and vest tops (which I've lived in) from Emma Jane - www.emma-jane.com

They won't get any awards for style or sexiness but they have been comfortable and supportive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now