Talk

Advanced search

Breast to Bottle reaction??

(9 Posts)
Becky77 Thu 14-Aug-08 17:33:50

I've recently (Monday) started changed my baby over from 100% BF to about 60/40 BF/FF and she seems to take the bottle well and it's giving my nipples some long needed rest to recover. But since then she has started really screaming in the afternoon and evening even though she is fully fed, clean and comforted... The usual fail safe methods of calming her no longer work and she'll only calm down if she gets boob... Is this normal?

gagarin Thu 14-Aug-08 17:36:43

Bottle feeding tenda to be all about the food.

Breast feeding is food plus comfort and snuggles.

I expect she's fine with the change in food but perhaps missing the breastfeeding snuggles.

Sounds normal to me.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 14-Aug-08 17:40:33

Message withdrawn

Becky77 Thu 14-Aug-08 17:49:47

@ gagarin - you're probably right but bf has always been so difficult for both of us I'm surprised she misses it so much... Plus she doesnt scream right after the bottle so I hadn't thought it was linked so directly.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 14-Aug-08 18:00:05

Message withdrawn

Becky77 Thu 14-Aug-08 18:36:49

I just make up bottles as suggested on the packaging and let her drink as much as she can... She doesn't finish it all so I assume she is satisfied. She takes about 5oz in and looks pretty stuffed!

I have considered the wind issue... I've got her on the slowest flow as she was gulping quite a lot on the next one up which was suggested for her age.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 14-Aug-08 18:49:15

Message withdrawn

Becky77 Thu 14-Aug-08 19:15:50

She's 9 weeks... I've had a very hard time of breastfeeding to date and it was not an easy decision to go over to mixed feeding... I have been keeping up my supply by expressing incase it didn't work out so there is a chance of going back... But my nipples still aren't recovered fully and my emotional state has improved massively since having the rest...

But now we have this screaming... Maybe it's not linked to the bottles and it's to do with her jabs she had on Tuesday... It did start then?

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 14-Aug-08 19:20:37

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now