Talk

Advanced search

Will wearing a non-BF bra do my boobs any damage at 8mths?

(7 Posts)
Caz10 Sun 10-Aug-08 21:27:54

8mths of bf-ing that is

Going back to work next week, can't feed or express during the day, so I thought at least one upside of going back to work might be getting to wear nice undies again!

But not sure if underwired bras combined with overly full boobs is a recipe for disaster?

Any advice very welcome thanks!

RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 10-Aug-08 21:30:04

Underwires should be fine as long as they fit well. I think I felt a bit full the first day abck at work but then things seemed to adjust no probs.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 10-Aug-08 21:30:46

You should be ok to go back to normal undies.

If not, wear you bf bra's until your supply gets used to not being called upon so much, then go back to your nice normal bra's.

Have some breastpads with you just incase!

ilovemydog Sun 10-Aug-08 21:31:15

get pads - you will leak! smile

peggotty Sun 10-Aug-08 21:32:37

Hi Caz, just wanted to say good luck going back to work next week - no advice!! It would be great to wear some decent bras with underwire wouldn't it!? Few more months of hideous, greying nursing bras for me hmm

fishie Sun 10-Aug-08 21:36:11

make sure they fit ok, can get nasty boil-type things. i went out of bf bras but not into underwire at about that stage. i was still dreadfully fat though and couldn't afford to spend money as i did shrink.

JulesJules Sun 10-Aug-08 21:41:14

TBH, I think it's an old wives tale about underwired bras somehow damaging your milk supply. How would that work? The underwires are nowhere near the milk producing bits. The most important thing is to have a comfortable well fitting bra. FWIW, I wore underwired bras all through 2 pregnancies and total of 5 and a half years of bf with no probs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now