Talk

Advanced search

Stopping

(4 Posts)
Eniz Sun 10-Aug-08 21:07:35

DS is now 7 1/2 months and has been "day weaned" (more or less) for 6 weeks or so following a complete debacle at 4 months when I tried to leave him at home with DH while I went to a conference.

I'm now back at work, until now it's been OK - I've been able to return to do the bedtime feed, 1 x night feed + an early morning feed before going back to work. I go on nights tomorrow. No way I can feed DS at night so the day before yesterday I stopped all feedssad.

How long will he be looking to feed - currently I am being very careful not to expose my chest because he asks for a feed? Difficult when swimming etc.

How long does it take before your breasts stop hurting?

For how long will I feel guilty - driving while crying seems not the world's safest option.

He's growing well, if anything sleeping better and is eating solids very enthusiastically. He drinks well from a cup.

BouncingTurtle Mon 11-Aug-08 12:55:09

You poor thing sad
No advice I'm afraid but I thought I'd bump in case anyone else has had a similar experience.

CharliesMum08 Mon 11-Aug-08 15:53:53

Hi,

I stopped bf during day at abut 5 and half months and gave expressed milk through bottle. I debated with myself long and hard about stopping and decided to get to 6 months and stop once DS was weaned. I then gave formula during the day and BF at night, during night and first thing.

I found it very distressing to stop but at 6 months 2 week, DS began refusing the breast so had no choice.

My breasts were sore and lumpy for a couple of weeks and have only really just begun to go soft (DS is 7 months 2 weeks). I'm still leaking and still have a lump in right breast, just below nipple which I think is still them getting back to normal - can anyone tell us their experiences of stopping??

Why is there little information on stopping breastfeeding???

CharliesMum08 Mon 11-Aug-08 15:54:50

Oh and don't feel guilty - you have done brilliantly to get this far smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now