(16 Posts)
jammi Sun 10-Aug-08 00:48:55

Message withdrawn

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mears Sun 10-Aug-08 00:52:26

Enjoy having him close

hollyandnoah Sun 10-Aug-08 01:01:19

hey,

I put ds in his own room when he was 4 month, because he started rolling over and his moses basket was no longer safe.
I had never heard of anything against having their own room, so it wasn't so hard for me.
I found out i was having a boy at 28 weeks so i had decorated his room lovely for him and was excited about him using it.
He slept through the night from 8 weeks, but when i moved him into his own room he started stirring more, i think i was more aware of it with the moniters maybe, took him/me about a month to settle.

My sis on the other hand has a two year old, with a perfect, gorgeous bedroom, but she still has dd in her room!

it is up to you and you only!

Ewe Sun 10-Aug-08 01:07:47

I am in a similar situation and decided not to move my DD, mainly because if god forbid something happened as a consequence og ignoring the guidelines I would never forgive myself.

Is it worth even the tiniest risk?

onwardandupward Sun 10-Aug-08 17:06:02

a 20 week baby doesn't care how beautiful "their" room is.

What they want is their mummy and, ideally, their mummy's breasts

kazbeth Sun 10-Aug-08 18:16:59

When I moved my daughter into her room at 6 months I really hoped it would help with her sleep and couldn't wait to do it .. it made absolutely no difference at all except I had to get up and go to another room in the night rather than just reach over and pick her up. There's no guarantee it'll help so I wouldn't bother moving him just yet.

pudding25 Sun 10-Aug-08 19:13:32

We moved DD into her own room at night for the first time last night (13 wks). She was getting far too big for her basket and we have no room for a cot in our room.

She loved it! She has been used to her room from 2wks old when she had naps in there (basket in cot) and for the past week, has had naps in the cot to get her used to it.
This morning, I went in and she had done 180degree turnaround! How, I am not sure but she is loving the space.

However, she slept exactly the same (dreamfeed at 11pm then woke to feed aat 3.30am). I was miraculously hoping she would sleep through too. And you know what, I didnt sleep a wink!

If you have room in your bedroom, could you move the cot further away, to the other side of the room to see if that makes any difference to start with.
And by the way, out of all my friends who have had babies (and there are lots of them) apart from one other, they all moved their babies into their own room after a few days.

elmoandella Sun 10-Aug-08 19:22:20

both my dc were snorers. still snore. both were removed as soon as they were too big for moses basket.
i definately got a lot more sleep with them in different room.

i used to wake every time they even moved. now it's only when they cry and it activates monitor.

moondog Sun 10-Aug-08 19:27:09

The baby has the rest of its life to sleep alone. Cherish the special times. They don't last.

ScottishMummy Sun 10-Aug-08 19:38:48

up to you.my baby had own room from birth.no harm done.

FfreckleFface Sun 10-Aug-08 19:48:43

Little Ff went in her own room at 16 weeks. I expected drama, but she slept through for the first time that night, and has done so ever since. She's close enough that I can hear her, but far enough away that we don't disturb her. Don't feel guilty!

traceybath Sun 10-Aug-08 19:59:04

my youngest was in bedside cot and went into a room with his brother at 6 months.

doesn't sleep any better just means i have to get out of bed to go and get him to feed and then we both fall asleep in my bed

oh actually - he doesn't wake any more though when i go to bed as i was disturbing him then.

littlemisss Sun 10-Aug-08 20:03:39

Dd went into her own room at 12 weeks and it's the best thing I ever did. Before I was trying to feed her whenever she wimpered as she was next to me and it was exhausting. Now she wakes once through the night for a good feed (25 mins)about 3am and apart from that is going from 7.30 to about 6.30.

jammi Sun 10-Aug-08 20:23:56

Message withdrawn

unfitmother Sun 10-Aug-08 20:26:08

Err - b)??

Unless you know betterhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now