Talk

Advanced search

DD is 2 in 10 days and I suddenly have really sore nipples

(18 Posts)
NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 09-Aug-08 12:11:22

so what's that all about then? It can't be latch as both went at the same time. I am feeling a bit ropey and have some swolen glands in my armpits I think.

we only bf first thing and last thing, and I have been trying to cut down / give up.

This might be the thing that spurs me on to wean her off bf, and I didn't get the benefit of going back to sleep for an hour this morning, instead I was just going "ow ow ow ow ow ow "

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 09-Aug-08 12:12:22

Pregnant?

derelicte Sat 09-Aug-08 12:12:32

Are you pregnant??

StormInanEcup Sat 09-Aug-08 12:14:08

Message withdrawn

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 09-Aug-08 12:14:09

hahaha - hope not as DH has had vasectomy grin

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 09-Aug-08 12:15:09

I have been trying to cut down but not managing it at all, DD has other ideas

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 09-Aug-08 12:19:00

<wonders whether vasectomies are 100% successful>

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 09-Aug-08 12:20:14

<<puts fingers in ears, sings lalalalala, and refuses to read CantSleep's last post>>

onwardandupward Sat 09-Aug-08 12:37:28

I think you're up the duff... grin

charliecat Sat 09-Aug-08 12:41:26

pregnant i reckon.

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 09-Aug-08 12:55:51

can't be surely

vasectomy

and period finished 2 weeks ago so I wouldn't have symptoms yet

I like the molars theory

I really like the molars theory

StormInanEcup Sat 09-Aug-08 13:18:50

Message withdrawn

BigBadMousey Sat 09-Aug-08 13:27:52

Thrush?

Mummyjoon Sat 09-Aug-08 20:01:52

Hi am new to joing discussions on mumsnet, saw your thread and related to it, my dd is two and am having to stop bf as so painful.. but hate to say it...just discovered pregnant...so don't hate me for posting.
It may well be thrush,especially if red around areola try candida an oral totally natural remedy (which is totally safe in bf) and cut out tea / coffee and sugary yeasty stuff for a while and eat natural yoghurt??? grin

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 09-Aug-08 20:35:24

mummyjoon - the pain usually only lasts a few weeks in early pregnancy, so if you can get through that then there's no need to stop. There's a support thread for those of us who are pregnant and breastfeeding if you want to join us .

NormaStanleyBelcher Sat 09-Aug-08 21:48:47

I think we may have found the problem

DD hurt her face this week (chasing cat, 2 days ago, fell over, no big prob at the time) and over the course of this afternoon her lip has swelled up.

Took her to ooh doctor this evening, and she has pus, infection etc.

she how has ABs and am guessing that she has been sucking nipple into one edge of mouth

ouch

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 09-Aug-08 21:58:29

Oh poor dd, and poor you.
Not as dramatic as our suggestion though wink.
Hope she's better soon.

Mummyjoon Mon 11-Aug-08 21:04:59

Thanks cantsleepwontsleep !! I have been suffering from nausea & soreness a lot!!! and feel i could eat a horse at times...
I have actually stopped for three nights now and it is going really smoothly with dh singing dd to sleep, we are nearly there.. thanks though- well done for getting through it- big admiration!!

NSB- glad you've found cause.. hope dd has speedy recovery! your bf has probably been a fab medicine in helping her recover even if you suffered too!! would the teething granules help to ease the discomfort?? Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now