Talk

Advanced search

does anyone have the AVENT IQ 24 STERILISOR?

(10 Posts)
mad4mybaby Fri 08-Aug-08 16:15:08

Had the normal one with ds and have found a few cheap on ebay, but not heard any pros and cons of this one. Anyone..

babyOcho Fri 08-Aug-08 16:19:08

We have the IQ, got it from new. Not used any other one before so nothing to compare with.

I also BF so we don't use it that often. It does fit my Medela pumping stuff.

mad4mybaby Fri 08-Aug-08 16:26:16

any cons to it at all?

NorkyButNice Fri 08-Aug-08 16:29:14

We have the IQ 24 and it's great! Load it up with the bottles and water and it sterilises every few hours so the bottles are ready to go when you need them.

If you're not planning on using bottles frequently then you can probably do without it, and just buy a steriliser that you set off when you need a bottle.

Now DS only has a couple of bottles a day we don't use the 24 hour functionality and just set it off as needed.

lisasimpson Fri 08-Aug-08 16:32:08

don't bother with the '24' bit, i was exclusively ffing since 3 weeks and didn't need it once. But I am going to sell mine if really interested!

mad4mybaby Fri 08-Aug-08 16:34:46

whats ff feeding??

mustsleep Fri 08-Aug-08 16:47:19

ff is formula feeding wink

oh so how often does the iq sterilise didn;t know it did that

babyOcho Fri 08-Aug-08 17:07:51

You can make the IQ sterilise now (prog 1) or put it on prog 2 for 24 hours so it keeps doing it every 3 (I think) hours for 24 hours.

mad4mybaby Fri 08-Aug-08 17:51:27

duh of course formula feeding! I cant work out if id use the 24 hour one... i couldve done with it with ds as he fed every 2 hours so first bottle in the morning had to make sure was switched on the instant i got up!

It is exactly the same as the avent one before that?

Seona1973 Fri 08-Aug-08 19:58:58

the older avent one only sterilises once and then stops and if you needed the bottles doing again then you would have to set it all back up again with water, etc and switch it back on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now