Talk

Advanced search

One year of breastfeeding!

(5 Posts)
charchargabor Fri 08-Aug-08 13:42:08

Yesterday my dd turned 1, and is still happily breastfeeding! grin After many weeks of struggles in the beginning, I never thought we would get this far. I have never posted on the bfing threads, but have read many which have given me the information to carry on through any problems. So thankyou!smile
How does the bfing relationship change over the next year? DD still feeds 5 or 6 times a day and 3-4 times a night (on a good night!) Should I offer her more water now, or just leave her to decide?
I never knew how precious this relationship would be to me. It is so rewarding to see how happy bfing makes her, even if she does seem to love my boobs more than me! grin

beansprout Fri 08-Aug-08 13:47:38

Congratulations!! grin

Minkus Fri 08-Aug-08 14:01:11

Aww well done, it's a really special time isn't it. (although can understand that you want it to be a less frequent special time during the night wink)

BouncingTurtle Fri 08-Aug-08 14:08:53

Oh yey!!

I'm hoping this'll be me in December...

charchargabor Fri 08-Aug-08 15:47:52

Thankyou! It is so special, but I would like less night feeds, definitely! She's gone from waking hourly to only 3-4 times though, so I think she's on her way there! smile Good luck BT!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now