Talk

Advanced search

can you recommend me a good sterilisor?

(8 Posts)
mad4mybaby Fri 08-Aug-08 11:54:40

with ds i had the avent steam sterilisor that was ready in 8 mins. are strapped for cash so buying off ebay. Have found the same one we had with ds so is it better to stick with what you know or try anyone?

I will prob use avent bottles to start with... didnt use them with ds though, used chicco and they fitted in ok..

i obviously want a quick one and ive seen ones that will remain sterile for a really long time unopened but not on ebay..

MatNanPlus Fri 08-Aug-08 11:58:26

Personally all are really as good as the next one, the Advent, stay sterile one is the same as far as i can see - we have both.

Must say i still like cold water sterilisation, done in 15 minutes and no need to find a plug on the other side of the kitchen to the sink.

Microwave ones are good too, some only take 5 minutes.

Pinkjenny Fri 08-Aug-08 11:59:00

I've got the Avent steam one which takes 6 minutes. Can't fault it.

MatNanPlus Fri 08-Aug-08 11:59:02

blush Avent i meant

mad4mybaby Fri 08-Aug-08 15:47:05

anyone got one that keeps them sterile for longer than 3 hours other than the iq24?

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 15:51:35

We had a steam steriliser, can't remember the brand. I'm tempted to say tomy but not too sure.

The benefit of a steam steriliser is it can resterilise the bottles in about 5 mins and they are cool to touch a few mins later. If you are desperate to make up a bottle you can always use tongs to pick up the hot bottle.

Seona1973 Fri 08-Aug-08 20:01:23

the only reason they stay sterile longer is that it keeps repeating the sterilisation cycle. If you assemble the bottles after they are sterilised then they are ok for 24 hours anyway.

CountessDracula Fri 08-Aug-08 20:01:56

the dishwasher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now