Talk

Advanced search

Help, I feel like a human dummy!

(2 Posts)
mummymarz Fri 08-Aug-08 10:27:45

DD is 10 weeks old, but won't go to bed at night without constant bf, screams murder every time i put her down as if she's not had a feed for hours. I'm concerned that she's using my breast as a soother to go to sleep. Does not take a soother at all, and only takes bottle after putting on my breast. Thus have to take out the breast in public too, even though i've expressed milk for an excursion. I still express every day and take on the battle of the bottle, with the hope that she'll just take to it one day. At 3 weeks she was happy with the bottle with no problems, but 2 weeks later completely refused and has ever since. She only takes the tommee tippee breastflow, but only after a big fuss and LOTS of crying - it breaks my heart every time! Any advice??

ajm200 Fri 08-Aug-08 10:31:00

Give the NCT or La Leche BF lines a call. They'll have some good advice for you as lots of mums go through this. I didn't as my LO sucked his thumb.. but that brings its own issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now