Talk

Advanced search

Cup for a 4 month old?

(7 Posts)
fromheretomaternity Thu 07-Aug-08 19:51:12

My DS is four months old, he refuses to drink from a bottle, and I am wondering whether rather than perservere trying to get him to do so (and wasting ever growing amounts of money on different bottles and teats) I should go straight to a cup.

Any suggestions on cups that might actually work? I have a Doidy cup but it is incredibly messy and he doesn't seem to like it. Also have tried Tommy Tippee first cup, but the spout is quite small and hard and he doesn't seem to have taken to it.

He drinks quite happily from a spoon if that's any help.

BriocheDoree Thu 07-Aug-08 19:58:13

My DD never took a bottle, started on a cup at 4 months. There's one by heinz and avent with a soft rubber tip that can be used from 4 mo. DD preferred the Heinz one - got it in boots but can't remember the name.

tori32 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:05:03

I have found that one that they don't need to suck from too hard- I use just a standard plastic cup with a lid and hard spout. The cold water in it seems to give her much enjoyment whilest gumming at the spout and she inadvertently started drinking properly from it iyswim.grin My 4mth old also will not take a bottle. Like you I have tried quite a few but this seemed to do the trick. It doesn't matter about spillage because at this age she can't hold and tip it, so no need for an anyway up cup.

fromheretomaternity Thu 07-Aug-08 20:20:24

tori32, which one do you use then?

Gangle Thu 14-Aug-08 21:43:09

Great thread - was wondering the same thing myself. Fromhere . . ., have you had any luck with the cup? Brought DS, 20 weeks, a Tommy Tippee one - will try it tomorrow.

hollyandnoah Thu 14-Aug-08 23:50:56

i got ds a doidy cup, he was 6 month though. I got him a plastic tommee tippee one with the plastic drinky bit, he couldnt use it. He has no problems drinking from bottles though. I am just trying to get him used to drinking.
Anyway, i got a wee order form in a box of bickie pegs and thats whee i got the doidy. He likes it. So im happy!

ConnorTraceptive Fri 15-Aug-08 08:49:03

DS2 is 5 months and we are trying the nuk first choice learner cup

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now