Talk

Advanced search

Breast to bottle

(4 Posts)
podywody Wed 06-Aug-08 13:59:19

Really need advice : i am supposed to be going away for 4 days in 23rd aug, so started giving dd a bottle last nite, she is 5 mts she had a bottle once before 6 wks ago as i tried to see if she would take formula she took it off me fine. but last nite my dh tried for 3 hrs but she would suck the bottle, dh wanted to just leave her until she was hungry enough ! ! but i couldnt so gave her bf , now dh said he wont try again.
Help

Minkus Wed 06-Aug-08 17:58:49

Perhaps try a cup? Been there myself, ds1 refused a bottle after taking one occasionally at 2 and 3 months but didn't know about cup option. Someone else much wiser will be along soon I'm sure!

clarita Mon 11-Aug-08 16:41:17

hi i am having similar problem - my daughter is 5 months and used to take 1 bottle a day.

i'm trying lots of things (different shaped teats, different speed flow teats, trainer cups, different people doing the feed, different time of day). People tell me some of these have worked for them. Good luck!!

podywody Wed 20-Aug-08 10:54:37

well i have given up, i tried everything, i was supposed to go away on sat but have decided now that she just isn't ready to take a bottle, gutted .... as i havn't had a break since my ds was born 2 years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now