Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed on lactose intolerance

(7 Posts)
Pheebe Fri 11-Feb-05 15:56:00

Hello everyone, ds (5 months) is just recovering from a nasty bout of gastroenteritis. He won't tolerate his full strength formula yet although he has been keeping it down when I give him half strength. Our doctor thinks he has a temporary intolerance to lactose and has suggested we switch him to a soya-based milk for a few weeks. The problem is he doesn't seem to like the taste of it and I'm worried now that we may end up with a baby who won't eat at all! I'd be really grateful for any thoughts or advice.

Pheebe Fri 11-Feb-05 20:29:18

Sorry, I'm bumping this as I really could do with some help here

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 11-Feb-05 20:37:17

No advice I'm afraid but a big bump for you.

shevi Fri 11-Feb-05 20:49:43

this must be worrying for you. if ds isnt keen on the soya, can u gradually increase the strength of the milk u have been giving him over the next few days? i should imagine half strength is better than nothing at all, i'd also be inclined to get the hv to ring the community dietician as u cant allow the situation to go on for more than a few days.

jabberwocky Fri 11-Feb-05 21:03:49

We used a lactose-free formula for a while with ds. Has your dr. mentioned that at all?

lilsmum Fri 11-Feb-05 21:09:20

are you in the uk? if so... my dd was lactose intolerant from 3mth to 6mth and i give her SMA LF (lactose free)

hth

Pheebe Fri 11-Feb-05 22:45:11

Thanks everyone, he's taken 4 ounces tonight with a bit of a struggle so I'll persevere over the weekend and see how it goes. I didn't know about the other lactose free formulas so its good to know there's that option as well if he really won't take the soya.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now