Talk

Advanced search

HOw old was your DC when you dropped 'dream feed'?

(4 Posts)
Holymoly321 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:13:55

DS2 is coming up to 9 mths and we still give him bottle of formula at night - anytime bet 10.30 and 11.30 - he wakes up for it. Sometimes he will also cry for milk around 3.30 - 4.30am when we will give him 4oz. Just wondered when we should drop the dream feed in the eve - can't remember when we dropped it with DS1

Notyummy Tue 05-Aug-08 14:21:21

DD was 6 months when we dropped it and she didn't notice it. She was always asleep when she had it. We phased it out gradually so she was only having a couple of ounces or 4 minutes (I timed it!! grin) on my boob.She then went from around 7 in the evening to 6 30 in the morning - hooray!

She was a dumpling though, so we never had any issues with weight gain or concern about dropping feeds.

ephrinedaily Tue 05-Aug-08 14:36:23

We dropped it at 8 months. Does he eat well during the day? We dropped it by losing an ounce each night over the week / doing shorter feeds and doing it at slightly different times eg. 9.30 so he wouldn't expect it iykwim.

If you think he still needs the milk and you really want to lose the dreamfeed try adding an extra ounce to each bottle during the day if he'll take it. Some babies need it longer than others ~(my mum gave us all dreamfeeds till we were about 15 months cos she was scared of us waking up in the night!)

elmoandella Tue 05-Aug-08 14:38:37

we're at a year and still giving. if we stop she gets up too early coz she's atarving. once your dc has started taking less and less of the feed. then drop it eventually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now