Talk

Advanced search

I've been on century radio

(3 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Tue 05-Aug-08 10:00:43

Apparently they are running a story about the fact that the NE of England has the lowest rates of breastfeeding sad and asked me to provide some information and statistics <<preen>>
I talked about the health benefits of breastfeeding, first of all stressing that bottle feeders should not feel guilty as they are doing the best for their baby, but urging pg mums to find more info and try it once!
I also plugged Mumsnet and Hunkers' blog!
I blamed a lack of support and a bottle feeding culture, in the previous generation, pg mums of my generation were often bottle fed so parents will say "well you were ff and you turned out ok" plus the difficulties of getting bfing established and that well meaning rellies will say "give baby a bottle" that sort of thing.

I don't think I came across as a bfing mafiosa...

excitedfornumber2 Tue 05-Aug-08 10:06:34

Well done, you sound like you put across a balanced opinion. From someone who wanted to BF and tried and failed i did feel guilty, but now realise that some babies will and some babies wont, i would say that there is a distinct lack of feeding facilities in the town centre where i live in the midlands, and if i take my little boy with me we end up spending a fortune in a cafe so that i can sit down and feed the LO.

Hoorah for biggin up Mumsnet, you are now officially a celebrity!!!

BouncingTurtle Tue 05-Aug-08 13:44:11

Thanks

Haven't heard the feature not sure whern it'll be on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now