Talk

Advanced search

Follow on milk

(10 Posts)
TarkaLiotta Mon 04-Aug-08 21:19:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Olihan Mon 04-Aug-08 21:23:12

Con, dodgy marketing ploy by formula companies to get round the ban on advertising infant formula.

EyeballsintheSky Mon 04-Aug-08 21:24:28

From what I've read, mostly on here to be fair, is that there isn't much point to it. If your dd is happy with what she's on then I wouldn't change it. My dd is almost 7 months and I'm not going to change her milk. She'll get most of her nutrients from her current milk and some additional stuff from whatever food you manage to get in her!

tellnoone Mon 04-Aug-08 21:25:34

Con

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 04-Aug-08 21:26:13

It's not necessary to change.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 04-Aug-08 21:30:06

I read somewhere that it has slightly fewer calories but this may not be true. It was on an advert ages ago that claimed it helped to encourage the child to eat solids (i.e. by not filling them up with the milk)

My colleague at work has a dd who was sleeping through on "standard" formula, then starting waking up after changing to follow-on. I suggested reverting back and it worked.

I mix feed now but intend to keep on with the standard stuff as it seems to suit my dd.

cafebistro Mon 04-Aug-08 21:31:10

my HV told me not to change as there was no real benefit to it

AlexanderPandasmum Mon 04-Aug-08 21:57:06

The only benefit I can see is that they are not allowed to have special offers for first milks, but follow-on milk they are allowed to. Also, if you buy it from Boots you get advantage points from it.

TarkaLiotta Mon 04-Aug-08 22:26:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BouncingTurtle Tue 05-Aug-08 07:06:34

First milk is suitable upto 12 months and follow on milk contains higher levels of iron which can increase the chance of constipation. If it aint broke, don't fix it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now