Talk

Advanced search

Sage tea to stop you from producing milk, anyone tried this??

(7 Posts)
mamachat Sat 02-Aug-08 21:29:00

Hi

I am really trying to stop bf and have bought sage tea to help my milk dry up, have you tries this?

If so how long did it take for the milk to dry up? And how many cups did you drink per day??

Loriycs Sun 03-Aug-08 20:24:09

Giving up BF too soon, amy have to give this a go. Mind you with my last two it just dried up naturally without any discomfort. On the subject whats the best way to get a toddler (18mths) to give up the breast without a huge upset (me and her!!!) No seriously, shes really fighting it especially at night. I understand other cultures use garlic and such like on their nipples as a 'put off'??

fruitful Sun 03-Aug-08 20:36:48

I don't know about Sage, but Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) may help.

Loriycs Sun 03-Aug-08 20:39:01

Have you tried it?

BouncingTurtle Sun 03-Aug-08 20:58:27

I have a friend who tried the sudafed - and it did work, was very handy as she had flu at the time!

mamachat Sun 03-Aug-08 22:16:06

Sudafed - does this dry up the milk or put the baby off going for the breast from the taste or something??

mamachat Sun 03-Aug-08 22:17:27

Also have already tried garlic soaked in olive oil and put it on my nipple, it smelt really bad but dd just drank anyway, she id that determined...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now