Talk

Advanced search

Breast feeding in Turkey?

(6 Posts)
Chaotica Sat 02-Aug-08 19:04:29

I'm just about to go on holiday to Turkey and wondered if anyone had any idea how acceptable (or not) breastfeeding is there.

I know it's common there - but could I do it in public, for instance, or should I keep well hid? Don't care about insulting tourists, just locals...

Anyone had any experience?

FWIW DS is a large 10m so hiding him under a t-shirt is not really an option!

sunnytimer Sat 02-Aug-08 20:01:51

Message withdrawn

Chaotica Sat 02-Aug-08 21:57:07

Thanks - might well be similar so I'll take that advice for now. (Unless I see loads of women feeding their babies in public, that is grin.)

primigravida Sun 03-Aug-08 06:03:54

I breast-feed my son when we were in Turkey and felt just as comfortable if not more so than I did feeding him in public in England. No-one said anything apart from what a cute baby he is. The locals found the fact that my husband carried our son in a front pack much more noteworthy and often wanted to take photos of him. Security guards were most obliging at the Topkapi palace at finding me a seat to breast-feed my son in. Have a great holiday, Turkey is amazing.

moondog Sun 03-Aug-08 06:09:29

I lived in v remote part of Turkey for 3 years with tiny baby and b/fed as I would in UK. No problem.

Chaotica Sun 03-Aug-08 13:38:03

Thanks Primigravida and Moondog - that's really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now