Talk

Advanced search

How many bottles of formula a day are your 11mo's on?

(5 Posts)
Tinkjon Fri 01-Aug-08 16:43:55

DS (nearly 11mo)was on 4 bottles a day, just barely making his pint a day and not eating much at all in the way of solids. HV suggested I cut out a bottle to make him hungrier for solids. I know that milk is still all-important, of course, and it seemed really odd to cut a bottle out when he was barely getting his pint anyway. However, doing it this way is really working - he's eating a lot more solids and seems to drink more of his milk too (he used to leave a lot of each bottle but almost finishes them now). I think he's only having maybe 2-3oz ounces fewer of formula a day than when he was on 4 bottles - but he's eating a lot more dairy to make up for it. So I'm happy this way, but it feels a bit weird to cut a bottle out when everybody goes on and on about milk being so important. Also he now has nothing except water in between meals, is that weird?

What do you think - are your lo's of the same age following a similar pattern?

Seona1973 Fri 01-Aug-08 19:50:08

both my dc's were on only 2 milk feeds a day at 11 months - I just made up the rest of their intake through food e.g. yoghurt, cheese sauces, milk in cereal, etc. From 1 year the minimum milk drops to around 350mls (approx 12oz) so they dont need as much as before. I did replace daytime milk feeds with a snack so they had breakfast, a mid-morning snack with water, lunch, afternoon snack and then dinner along with the 2 bottles.

TwoWashTutter Fri 01-Aug-08 19:50:38

am blush to admit that ds2 (12mo) still has his 3pm bottle

PorridgeBrain Fri 01-Aug-08 20:05:04

Have just cut out 3pm feed for dd (10.5mo) so only has 2 bottles a day now. She was taking hardly anything at bedtime and cutting 3pm feed now means she has a full feed before bed so if she does wake in the night I know its not hunger.

Tinkjon Sat 02-Aug-08 22:34:07

Oh that's good - I was worried he was on far less but seems like it's about the same! Thanks everyone. And TwoWash, you needn't be blushat all about a 3pm bottle!! Nothing wrong with that whatsoever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now