Talk

Advanced search

When to start giving milk in a beaker?

(4 Posts)
Dawnie6577 Fri 01-Aug-08 10:34:58

Ds has 2 x breastfeeds, 2 x bottlefeeds a day. He is a little over 9 months and I wondered should I still be giving him milk in a bottle or trying a cup?
Thanks

LittleMissNorty Fri 01-Aug-08 13:01:39

I started prob around 10 months giving daytime bottles (only one by then) in a cup....very unsuccessful....so we dropped it altogether and just kept to morning / evening milk (in a bottle).

Does he have his water etc from a cup? My DD drinks from a cup all the time, but just doesn't like milk in one for some reason hmm

Seona1973 Fri 01-Aug-08 13:14:29

I started offering one day feed from a lidded beaker when ds was around 9 months old. I offered it to him along with a snack and got him to feed it to himself rather than offer it the way I would with a bottle. Once he was used to taking milk in a beaker at that feed I did the same with the mid-afternoon one and he eventually ended up taking all his milk feeds from a cup by 10 1/2 months. He was also down to just 2 feeds by then.

Dawnie6577 Fri 01-Aug-08 13:59:43

Thank you for your replies.
He has water from a cup with every meal, drinks at most, about 2oz.
I did try with his mid morning milk today and he took some from it (although a lot he likes to spit out, like he does with water, the little treasure!).
I think I'll keep trying with his mid-morning milk, which he isn't taking that much of now anyway tbh.
Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now