Talk

Advanced search

BF baby not pooed for 8 days...

(4 Posts)
alicet Wed 30-Jul-08 22:43:03

My sister's ds (3 months) who is staying with us. I know bf baies sometimes go a long time without a poo but he is screaming in agony and trying to go. This surely isn't normal?

He's gone several days before and gets a bit uncomfy before an explosion that cannot be contained by any nappy (or clothing grin) and results in a happy baby (and mummy).

Any suggestions?

meatballs Wed 30-Jul-08 23:05:35

bf my two and would say talk to doctor after 2 days, hot weather doesnt help! call out of hours number or nhs direct for advice. dont mean to worry you but better to be safe

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 30-Jul-08 23:21:12

Anything is normal with bf babies, ds1 quite often went for a week between poos, ds2 shit every 10 mins (or so it seemed at the time). I knew a baby that used to go 8 days. They may look like they are in pain when they poo but its just their face.

How can you tell that a 3 month old baby is trying to go, or that the screaming of a 3 month old baby is related to when he last had a poo?

chipmonkey Wed 30-Jul-08 23:38:36

I have bf all 4 of mine and they all went through a poo-less phase at one time or another, usually coincided with an improvement in colic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now